When wearing shorts with formal wear, there are a couple of things I consider when putting together the outfit:
- Shorts above the knee – I am not a big fan of shorts that fall below the knee. When they do this, they tend to make your legs look shorter and the shorts appear to be ill-fitting. With this pair of shorts from H&M, I actually rolled them up once to get them to look shorter and fit better.
- Roll up your sleeves – This makes the outfit more symmetric. Since your legs are showing, part of your arms should too.
- Accessorize – The shorts make for a playful look, so adding accessories, especially those that are colorful, benefit this theme. I chose a neutral navy tie from Uniqlo so that the lapel flower and the pocket round pop out. The pocket round from Harrison Blake Apparel has a baby blue lining, which matched perfectly with the shorts, and I went with a pink lapel flower from Ties.com to add little color as a small statement piece.
- Wear a watch – Why dress up without a nice, simplistic watch? This watch is from MVMT. I made sure to match the gold in the metals of the tie bar and the watch.
- No socks – Unless they are no-show socks! I think adding long socks makes the outfit look less professional.
- Stick to a few colors – Too many colors can look very tacky. With this outfit, I stuck with blue, gold, and pink, with very neutral shoes.
Below are more pictures of the outfit. If you like what you see, give this professional look a try, and let me know how it goes in the comments:
– Details –
Blazer – H&M
Shirt– Extra Slim Dress Shirt – Express
Shorts – Chino Shorts – H&M
Watch – White/Gold Leather – MVMT
Tie – Knit Tie – Uniqlo
Tie Bar – Gold Arrow Tie Bar – Harrison Blake Apparel
Pocket Round – White with Blue Border – Harrison Blake Apparel
Sunglasses – Ray-Ban
Lapel Flower – Pink Felt Flower Lapel Pin – Ties.com
Socks – Mens Basic – Taft
Shoes – Ben Sherman
Please share, like, or comment! For any questions or business inquiries, please email me at email@example.com.
– Photography by Rachel Nicole O’Boyle –
For more updates, follow me on: